7-2-18 4-H memo
Welcome to JULY!!
- The Extension Office will be open TODAY(July 2nd) and TOMORROW(July 3rd). We will be closed Wed (July 4th) and Thur.(July 5th). We will remain closed on Friday’s also.
- Shooting Sports members: There will NOT be Archery or Shotgun THIS Wednesday!!
- Dog club will meet on Friday’s at 8:00am at the Wattenberg Center.
- Steer Members: Sheri Edmonds has organized Lee Meyring to come to Walden on July 30th to trim steer hooves. Lee will only charge $10.00 per head. If you would like to sign up to have your steers feet trimmed please contact Sheri by email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact her on Facebook, by July 23rd.
- Attached is a sheet with members who still need to complete Council requirements. Please remember that if you do not meet all of your council requirements that you will be unable to participate in Fair, the goes for Shooting Sports also.
- Pre-Fair record book checks will begin on July 10th and go until August 14th. Please make sure to have all pages caught up.
- 4-H Council meeting July 10th @ 6:00 pm
- Skill-A-Thon Jeopardy: July 17th-31st
We are going to try something different with Skill-A-Thon this year, Kids will be doing Skill-A-Thon Jeopardy this year, kids will be able to come in anytime during regular work hours (Mon- Thur.6:00 am-5:00 pm) to complete their skill-a-thon. If you have a laptop that you would like to bring we will have the games on a thumb drive that can be used. Please call the Extension office to let us know that you will be coming so we can be prepared for you.
Remember the skill-a-thon scores go into the All Around Exhibitor total score. Attached are the Study Guides.
- Council Requirements:
– Attend 2 Council meetings (only 2 left) (, July 10th and August 14th).
– Clean the SCD Basement once per year
– Participate in a Council community service- Please contact the Extension Office about what you can do.
Have a great day