3-25-19 4-H Memo
Good Morning Everyone,
- 4-H Council meeting Monday, April 1st @ 6:00 pm.
- 4-H Exchange Club meeting will be held directly following the 4-H Council meeting.
- The 50th Annual NW Colorado 4-H Expo in Routt County at the Routt County Fairgrounds in Hayden, CO:
– June 10-11: Beef, Sheep, Goat, Swine, Poultry, Rabbit
– June 12-13: Dog
– June 12-14: Horse
– Camping for Expo at the Routt County Fairgrounds is online at Reserve America and is filling up fast. There is full hook ups, electrical only and primitive camping (for campers and tents with no hook ups).
– Additionally information and registration will be out in April.
- 4-H Cookbook Fundraiser: Please submit artwork for cover and recipes by April 1st.
– Cookbook Cover Contest- see attached sheet for details.
– We would like to see ALL 4-H Families submit at least 1 recipe. Please use the attached sheet to submit a recipe.
- Horse and Dog members! Please remember to go in and complete your Horse or Dog ID’s. If you are using the same horse or dog from last year, you still must reactivate them. All Horse and Dog ID’s must be in by MAY 1st!!!
- Swine, Lamb & Goat Weigh-in will be June 1st from 9-11 am.
- Save the Date- 4-H Camping trip June 5th. More details to come soon.
- 4-H Council requirements: Must complete these requirements to be able to show or shoot at the North Park Fair.
* Attend 2 council meetings
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council Community Service
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council Fundraiser
* Clean the SCD Basement once per year
* Complete all requirements for the clubs I am in
* Submit a completed record book in October for all my livestock, horse and/or dog projects by the established deadline( if not completed, you will be ineligible to do the project next year)
- 4-H E-records are available. Please go to http://jackson.extension.colostate.edu/ to access the e-records. We can also print off a hard copy for you at the Extension office.
If you have any questions please contact the Extension Office.
Have a great day.