4-8-19 4-H memo
Good Morning Everyone,
- 1st year rabbit project assistance- Annie Martin is offering 1 pen of rabbits (4) to any 4-H member in their 1st year of the market rabbit project. She would like to help get more kids interested in the Market Rabbit project. Annie will mentor the 4-H member from start to finish with the project. If you are interested in applying for this pen of rabbits, please feel out the attached application and return to the Extension Office by May 1st.
- Save the Date- 4-H Camping trip June 5th. If your kid(s) plan to attend the camping trip, please let us know ASAP.
- The 50th Annual NW Colorado 4-H Expo in Routt County at the Routt County Fairgrounds in Hayden, CO:
– June 10-11: Beef, Sheep, Goat, Swine, Poultry, Rabbit
– June 12-13: Dog
– June 12-14: Horse
– Camping for Expo at the Routt County Fairgrounds is online at Reserve America and is filling up fast. There is full hook ups, electrical only and primitive camping (for campers and tents with no hook ups).
– Additionally information and registration will be out in this month.
- 4-H Cookbook Fundraiser: Please submit at least one recipe for our cookbook. You can either fill out the attached sheet or just email me a recipe.
- Horse and Dog members! Please remember to go in and complete your Horse or Dog ID’s. If you are using the same horse or dog from last year, you still must reactivate them. All Horse and Dog ID’s must be in by MAY 1st!!!
- Shooting Sports Organizational Meeting May 8th at 6:00 pm at the Wattenberg Center. Please plan to attend with one parent if you are planning to be in shooting sports.
- MQA- May 15th at the Wattenberg Center- Required for ALL FIRST YEAR LIVESTOCK Members. All first year seniors, who have taken MQA before, can either attend the workshop again or take a test.
- Swine, Lamb & Goat Weigh-in will be June 1st from 9-11 am.
- 4-H Council requirements: Must complete these requirements to be able to show or shoot at the North Park Fair.
* Attend 2 council meetings
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council Community Service
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council Fundraiser
* Clean the SCD Basement once per year
* Complete all requirements for the clubs I am in
* Submit a completed record book in October for all my livestock, horse and/or dog projects by the established deadline( if not completed, you will be ineligible to do the project next year)
- 4-H E-records are available. Please go to http://jackson.extension.colostate.edu/ to access the e-records. We can also print off a hard copy for you at the Extension office.
If you have any questions please contact the Extension Office.
Have a great day.