IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19: We are in constant communication with CSU Extension regarding this pandemic and are being advised on how to proceed during this time. Current directive:
- Most District, State and National events are being postponed until Mid-May.
- Club and County events will be evaluated on an individual basis. Currently since we have no reported cases in Jackson County we will continue business as usual.
- Please if you feel sick or have been around someone who has been sick, STAY HOME. Make sure to be washing your hands and cover coughs.
- We will keep you updated on events that are being cancelled and also if these suspension dates should be pushed back farther.
- LEADERS: If you have
any questions regarding meetings or events please contact me at the Extension
- April 4-H Council meeting will be on THURSDAY, April 2nd @ 5:15 pm!! 4-H Exchange group will be holding a meeting following Council.
- May Council meeting is tentatively scheduled for May 18th!
- Horse & Dog Kids: Remember to ID your horses and dogs by the deadline of MAY 1st!! If you have identified the animal before, you will have to reactivate them.
IMPORTANT DATES: Some of these dates may change due to current suspension directives.
- May 6th, Shooting Sports organizational meeting at 6:00 pm at the Wattenberg Center. This is MANDATORY for all Shooting Sports members.
- May 13th, MQA at 6:00 pm at the Wattenberg Center. This is REQUIRED for all First year livestock members.
- May 30th, Swine, Lamb & Goat Weigh-in @ 9:00 am
- June 8-11th, Northwest Colorado Expo in Moffat County- more info to come
- The 2019-2020 4-H Year is rolling. 4-H Online enrollment is open. Please visit https://co.4honline.com/ to enroll! You must be an active 4-H member to participate in 4-H events. Please come to the Extension Office to pay the $22 per member enrollment fee to become an active member.
- I still have stuff from Achievement night, if you didn’t make it, please stop by the Extension Office to see if you have anything.
- The new cookbook is here. We are selling them as a fundraiser. If you would like to help sell them, please contact Lacey.
- 4-H Council
Requirements- please get these requirements done ASAP.
* Attend at least 2 council meetings
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council community service
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council fundraiser
* Complete all requirements for the 4-H clubs you are involved in
* Submit a completed record book in October
* Clan the SCD Basement once a year.
Have a great day. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.