IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19: We are in constant communication with CSU Extension regarding this pandemic and are being advised on how to proceed during this time. Current directive:
- Per CSU Extension recommendations, our office is closed to the public until May 15th. We will be working some in the office and some remotely, so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call 723-4298 if you need anything.
- The suspension of face-to-face 4-H programming through May 15th, 2020, includes all club, county, district, state and national meetings, project practices, workshops, contests, qualifiers and any other 4-H activity involving 4-H staff and volunteers.
- There will be NO club or council meetings held between now and May 15th. As that date gets closer, I will communicate with you all if the suspension has been removed or extended.
- The State 4-H office is working on some virtual 4-H programming that I will share to help keep your kids active and not bored during this time.
- Now is a great time to be making sure you are caught up on your record book!!!
- We will keep you updated on events that are being cancelled and also if these suspension dates should be pushed back farther.
- LEADERS: If you have any questions regarding meetings or events please contact me at the Extension Office.
- AT THIS TIME: We are still moving forward and planning for FAIR!!!
- Virtual 4-H Council meeting April 20th @ 6:00 pm. We will be doing the meeting via ZOOM. Here is the link to download zoom, https://zoom.us/download, you can put it on your computer, phone or ipad. You do not need to set-up an account to attend a meeting. I will send out the meeting invite on Thursday. Please let me know if you have questions.
- Market Animal Budget Planner: Attached is a document that was created by Adams County Extension that will help families figure out costs associated with their Market Animal projects. This can be a very useful tool.
- May Council meeting will be a virtual meeting, date TBD!
- Horse & Dog Kids: Remember to ID your horses and dogs by the deadline of MAY 1st!! If you have identified the animal before, you will have to reactivate them. Please let me know if you have any questions.
IMPORTANT DATES: Some of these dates may change due to current suspension directives.
- POSTPONED!! May 6th, Shooting Sports organizational meeting at 6:00 pm at the Wattenberg Center. This is MANDATORY for all Shooting Sports members.
- POSTPONED!! May 13th, MQA at 6:00 pm at the Wattenberg Center. This is REQUIRED for all First year livestock members.
- May 30th, Swine, Lamb & Goat Weigh-in @ 9:00 am
- CANCELLED!!! June 8-11th, Northwest Colorado Expo in Moffat County- more info to come
- Colorado State 4-H Conference has been cancelled for 2020.
- We are selling cookbooks as a fundraiser. If you would like to help sell them, please contact Lacey.
- 4-H Council Requirements- please get these requirements done ASAP.
* Attend at least 2 council meetings
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council community service
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council fundraiser
* Complete all requirements for the 4-H clubs you are involved in
* Submit a completed record book in October
* Clean the SCD Basement once a year.
Have a great day. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.