IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19: We are in constant communication with CSU Extension regarding this pandemic and are being advised on how to proceed during this time. Current directive:
- Per CSU Extension recommendations, our office is closed to the public until May 15th. We will be working some in the office and some remotely, so please email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call 723-4298 if you need anything.
- The suspension of face-to-face 4-H programming through May 15th, 2020, includes all club, county, district, state and national meetings, project practices, workshops, contests, qualifiers and any other 4-H activity involving 4-H staff and volunteers.
- There will be NO face-to-face club or council meetings held between now and May 15th. As that date gets closer, I will communicate with you all if the suspension has been removed or extended.
- Now is a great time to be making sure you are caught up on your record book!!!
- LEADERS: If you have any questions regarding meetings or events please contact me at the Extension Office.
- AT THIS TIME: We are still moving forward and planning for FAIR!!!
- Kids are able to clean the SCD Basement during this time to get a started on their council requirements. Please contact Lacey to set a time and get a key. I am in the office on Monday’s and Thursday’s.
- Virtual 4-H Council meeting May TBD @ 7:00 pm. We will be doing the meeting via ZOOM. Here is the link to download zoom, https://zoom.us/download, you can put it on your computer, phone or iPad. You do not need to set-up an account to attend a meeting. I will send out the meeting invite on TODAY. Please let me know if you have questions.
- Horse & Dog Kids: Remember to ID your horses and dogs by the deadline of MAY 1st!! If you have identified the animal before, you will have to reactivate them. Please let me know if you have any questions.
IMPORTANT DATES: Some of these dates may change due to current suspension directives.
- POSTPONED!! May 6th, Shooting Sports organizational meeting at 6:00 pm at the Wattenberg Center. This is MANDATORY for all Shooting Sports members.
- POSTPONED!! May 13th, MQA at 6:00 pm at the Wattenberg Center. This is REQUIRED for all First year livestock members.
- May 30th, Swine, Lamb & Goat Weigh-in @ 9:00 am
- CANCELLED!!! June 8-11th, Northwest Colorado Expo in Moffat County- more info to come
- Colorado State 4-H Conference has been cancelled for 2020.
- We are selling cookbooks as a fundraiser. If you would like to help sell them, please contact Lacey.
- 4-H Council Requirements- please get these requirements done ASAP.
* Attend at least 2 council meetings- 4 left!!
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council community service
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council fundraiser
* Complete all requirements for the 4-H clubs you are involved in
* Submit a completed record book in October
* Clean the SCD Basement once a year.
Have a great day. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.