IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19:
- We are to still conduct as many programs, meetings, practices virtually as possible. We do have some exemptions we can apply for.
- LEADERS: Before you plan any type of activity for your club please contact me at the Extension Office. If it is an event that cannot in anyway be done virtually then we will need to fill out an exemption form and get approval. Approval is not instant so please give me plenty of notice.
- AT THIS TIME: We are still moving forward and planning for FAIR!!! Please keep preparing for Fair as normal. We will keep everyone updated as time goes on.
- 4-H Council Community Service. We will meet at the Fairgrounds on Tuesday June 23rd at 8:00 am. Please bring gloves as we will be picking up trash. We will be covering the whole fairgrounds so it will probably take us 2-3 hours. Please let me know if I need to pick anyone’s kids up to take to the fairgrounds.
- Scale head is at the Fairgrounds . We need to keep better track of the keys and who is using the scale, so here is how to get keys.
1. We have two lock boxes attached to the milk can by our front office door.
2. One is labeled A the other is B. You will need to text Lacey (970-819-0102) or Aleigh (970-846-3834) to request the code.
3. DO NOT SHARE THE CODE!!! We need to be able to track who has used the scale and when.
4. Once you have weighed your animals, return the key ASAP!!! Other families need to weigh also.
5. If your animals seem sick in ANYWAY, please do not take them to the scales unless Lanny has checked them out. We do not want to spread any illnesses!
- I will be removing the scale head for Rodeo weekend. It will be at the Fairgrounds until 4:00 pm on Thursday. I will put it back up there on Monday morning.
- I am mailing out Council reminders!!! Please check them and make sure you are aware of what you must complete to be able to compete and show at Fair.
- 4-H Dog club will practice June 24th at 8:00 am. Parents, remember that we must abide by the 10 or less group size, so please stay in your vehicles if you remain at the fairgrounds.
- .22 is tonight and shotgun will be Wednesday.
- Kids are able to clean the SCD Basement during this time to get started on their council requirements. Please contact Lacey to set a time and get a key. I am in the office Mon-Thur. from 6:00 am-4:30 pm.
- We are selling cookbooks as a fundraiser. If you would like to help sell them, please contact Lacey.
- 4-H Council Requirements- please get these requirements done ASAP.
* Attend at least 2 council meetings- ONLY 2 left!!
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council community service
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council fundraiser
* Complete all requirements for the 4-H clubs you are involved in
* Submit a completed record book in October
* Clean the SCD Basement once a year.
Have a great day. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.