Welcome to August!
- LEADERS: Before you plan any type of activity for your club please contact me at the Extension Office. If it is an event that cannot in anyway be done virtually then we will need to fill out an exemption form and get approval. Approval is not instant so please give me plenty of notice.
- August Council Meeting- August 11th @ 7:30 pm at the Grandstands at the Fairgrounds. We are asking that all 4-H members and at least one parent attend this meeting as we will be going over Fair plans and updates.
- We have North Park Fairbooks at the Extension Office.
- Remember that if you do not complete your Council or Club requirements, you will be unable to participate in Fair.
- Clubs will be doing Pre-Fair record book checks soon. Record books are due to Leaders by Monday, August 10th. You can drop books off at the Extension office or in person to your leader.
- Marketing Materials are now available at the Extension office.
- Horse Entries will be due August 6th. Livestock and Dog entries will be due August 27th. Private treaty forms will be due along with fair entries.
- Be thinking of who you would like to invite to the Fair Sale.
- Buyer Basket’s, start planning on what to put in these, they will be due August 27th.
- August Council community service- last one before Fair will be August 10th at 8:00 am. We will be painting panels at the Fairgrounds, please wear grubby clothes.
- Skill-A-Thon tests Mon Aug 3rd– Thur Aug 6th from 6:00 am-4:00 pm. These scores are used to calculate All Around Exhibitor. Stop by the Extension Office to take your species test.
- 4-H Council meeting August 11th @ 7:30 pm at the Grandstands at Fairgrounds.
- Rabbit & Poultry ID day August 7th @ 8:00 am.
- Horse Entries Due August 6th @ 4:30 pm.
- Pre-Fair record book checks due to leaders by August 10th.
- Livestock & Dog entries due August 27th @ 4:30 pm.
- Scale head is at the Fairgrounds . We need to keep better track of the keys and who is using the scale, so here is how to get keys.
1. We have two lock boxes attached to the milk can by our front office door.
2. One is labeled A the other is B. You will need to text Lacey (970-819-0102) or Aleigh (970-846-3834) to request the code.
3. DO NOT SHARE THE CODE!!! We need to be able to track who has used the scale and when.
4. Once you have weighed your animals, return the key ASAP!!! Other families need to weigh also.
5. If your animals seem sick in ANYWAY, please do not take them to the scales unless Lanny has checked them out. We do not want to spread any illnesses!
- Please check with me to see if your kid(s) need any Council requirements still.
- We are selling cookbooks as a fundraiser. I am asking each kid who sells cookbooks to try and sell 5.
- We are also selling truck raffle tickets. I am asking each kid who sells them to try and sell 10.
- 4-H Council Requirements- please get these requirements done ASAP.
* Attend at least 2 council meetings- ONLY 1 left!!
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council community service- only 1 left!!!
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council fundraiser- truck tickets or cookbooks
* Complete all requirements for the 4-H clubs you are involved in
* Submit a completed record book in October
* Clean the SCD Basement once a year.
Have a great day. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns