Welcome to the last day of August!
- LEADERS: Before you plan any type of activity for your club please contact me at the Extension Office. If it is an event that cannot in anyway be done virtually then we will need to fill out an exemption form and get approval. Approval is not instant so please give me plenty of notice.
- We are in need of some ice cream buckets to use for cleaning buckets. If anyone has any please bring them to the Extension Office.
- Pre-Stalling: Dr. Lanny Weddle will be available to do health checks for kids who would like to pre-stall their animals on Wednesday, September 9th from 6:00pm-7:00pm. You MUST pre-register to do this. Please call or text Lacey and let her know if you wish to pre-stall by Tuesday, September 8th at 4:30pm. IF you are on the list and then change plans, please let Lacey know.
- Fair Weigh-in Info: Please see the attached sheet regarding the schedule for weigh-in next week at Fair. If you have any questions, please let Lacey know.
- We have North Park Fairbooks at the Extension Office.
- Marketing Materials are available at the Extension office.
- Be thinking of who you would like to invite to the Fair Sale.
- If you did not yet bring your buyer basket to the Extension Office, please do so this week.
- Set-up for Fair is September 7th @ 9:00 am. You can decorate your stalls at this time. Steer kids can bring blocking chutes at this time as well.
- Pre-stalling (optional) September 9th from 6:00-7:00 pm. Must be pre-registered to pre-stall.
- Fair weigh-in September 10th. Health checks start at 7:00 am. Will start weighing by species at 8:0 0am
- Scale head is at the Fairgrounds . We need to keep better track of the keys and who is using the scale, so here is how to get keys.
1. We have two lock boxes attached to the milk can by our front office door.
2. One is labeled A the other is B. You will need to text Lacey (970-819-0102) or Aleigh (970-846-3834) to request the code.
3. DO NOT SHARE THE CODE!!! We need to be able to track who has used the scale and when.
4. Once you have weighed your animals, return the key ASAP!!! Other families need to weigh also.
5. If your animals seem sick in ANYWAY, please do not take them to the scales unless Lanny has checked them out. We do not want to spread any illnesses!
- Please check with me to see if your kid(s) need any Council requirements still.
- We are also selling truck raffle tickets. I am asking each kid who sells them to try and sell 10.
- 4-H Council Requirements- please get these requirements done ASAP.
* Attend at least 2 council meetings- Done
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council community service- Done
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council fundraiser- truck tickets or cookbooks
* Complete all requirements for the 4-H clubs you are involved in
* Submit a completed record book in October
* Clean the SCD Basement once a year.
Have a great day. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns