10/5/2020 4-H memo
Good Morning All,
Welcome to October! Happy National 4-H Week. Make sure to stop by the North Park Visitors Center to put in your guess on how many skittles are in the pumpkin in the window to win the cool 4-H prize!
- LEADERS: Before you plan any type of activity for your club please contact me at the Extension Office. If it is an event that cannot in anyway be done virtually then we will need to fill out an exemption form and get approval. Approval is not instant so please give me plenty of notice.
- Please write Thank you notes to your buyers and bring them to the Extension Office so we can check you off the list. You must show us your thank you letters, BEFORE you can pick-up your sale check. We will hopefully have checks soon!! You must also pay any outstanding invoices, such as BBQ tickets, before you can pick-up your check as well.
- Please remember to write thank you notes to: Doyle & Sissy Jenkins, PO Box 745, Walden, 80480 & Mike and Lynette Telck, 3605 JCR 26 Coalmont, CO 80480 for sponsoring your fair user fees. Lamb, Goat & Swine Ultrasound was sponsored by Kelli & CJ Pittington- PO Box 616, Walden, CO 80480.
- Swine & Beef meat will be coming back on October 7th at 4:00 pm!! Please make sure to call all of your private treaty buyers and let them know. Processing payments must be paid to pick up meat.
- Special Awards- at our October meeting we will be voting on the Special Awards. Attached is a history sheet of who has received it in the past, lets share the love!! Also is the nomination form, please fill it out and bring it to the Extension office by October 15th.
- After Fair Fairboard meeting- October 12th @ 7:00 pm. If you have any questions, concerns or input about Fair, please plan to attend this meeting. The Fairboard appreciates hearing your thoughts on how Fair went.
- 4-H Council meeting- October 19th @ 6:00 pm. If you are a council officer, please plan to be at the meeting by 5:30 to pick out some awards.
- ALL 4-H record books (livestock, horse, dog & shooting sports) will be due October 19th.
- New 4-H year starts on October 1st. We will once again be enrolling through 4-H Online, we are upgrading to the 2.0 version, so the system will be down through October. We will start enrolling in November.
- National 4-H Week Oct 4th-10th, 2020. Check out Facebook and Instagram to see daily posts and help spread the news about 4-H!
- Be finishing up those Record Books!!!!
Have a great day. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns