Welcome to the last week of July!!!!
- Fundraiser Orders are due to the office TODAY July 26th. If you cannot make it into the office today, please send me a picture of the order form and bring it in as soon as possible. The products will then be delivered to us on August 10th.
- Horse members: For new members, you must complete your Level I written and riding tests to be able to compete at Fair. These need to be completed by August 1st. For Level I members if you wish to Level up these also must be completed by August 1st. The written test will be given at the Extension Office. Your horse leaders will handle the riding tests for Level 1, other levels they will contact a rater to come up.
- The scales are at the Fairgrounds, please call or text for the code to the lock boxes at the Extension Office. Please remember to return the key as soon as you are done weighing animals, so others can weigh also. Please remember to shut off and unplug the scale from the outlet!!!!!!
- Dog members: If you plan to attend State Fair dog show, please let me know by July 29th. I would like to have entries in by August 2nd.
- 4-H council meeting- August 10th at 5:30 pm. This is the last council meeting for this year.
- Skill-A-Thon: We are going to try a quiz bowl this year. We will do this following the council meeting on August 10th. It should go for about an hour. Remember this score goes into figuring the All Around Exhibitor awards. I have new study guides that are specific to this quiz bowl, stop by the office to pick one up.
- Remember if you lose an animal or an ear tag, please let me know, so I can make notes of these.
- Upcoming Community Service: Help at the food truck on August 10th starting at 10:00 am. August 2nd trash cleanup at 8:00 am. Plan to meet at the SCD building and we will go from there to pick-up trash.
- Make sure you are working on your record books!! If you need a printed copy, please let me know and I will get one for you. Remember shooting sports kids are required to complete record books also! They can be found at 4-H E-Records – Jackson County Extension (colostate.edu) .
- Horse and Dog kids: to print the animal id for your horses and dogs you need to screen shot the information and then paste it into a word doc. At this time, they do not have a nice report to print any other way. If you need help, please contact me.
- Pre-Fair record book checks will be done by clubs, except shooting sports, (we don’t do checks on these books)!! 4-H leaders will reach out to the club members with the due dates for record book checks.
- Marketing materials are available at the office along with Fair entry forms and private treaty forms.
- Shooting sports:
Archery & .22 Monday nights
Shotgun & Air Pistol Wednesday nights
- County Retreat- July 31st @ 9:30 am.
- Fundraiser orders due to the Extension Office on July 26th.
- Last Council meeting- August 10th at 5:30 pm
- Skill-a-Thon- August 10th following the Council meeting.
- Council trash cleanup day August 2nd at 8:00 am
- Fair Shoot- August 14th @ 9:00 am
- Fair Horse Show- August 15th @ 9:00 am
- Fair horse entries due August 5th
- Fair entries (livestock & dog) due August 26th
* Attend 4 council meetings. Last meeting is August 10th
* Participate in 1 council community service project
* Participate in 1 council fundraiser
* Clean the SCD Basement once per year
* Complete and turn in a Record Book for all projects enrolled in
Have a great day. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.