8-9-21 4-H memo
- Weighing Animals: If you plan to weigh during the weekend, please contact Lacey or Aleigh prior to loading animals and heading to the Fairgrounds for the code to the lock boxes at the Extension Office (sometimes it might take a little bit before we get back to you). Please remember to return the key as soon as you are done weighing animals, so others can weigh also. Please remember to shut off and unplug the scale from the outlet!!!!!!
- 4-H council meeting- August 10th at 5:30 pm. This is the last council meeting for this year.
- Skill-A-Thon: We are going to try a quiz bowl this year. We will do this following the council meeting on August 10th. It should go for about an hour. Remember this score goes into figuring the All Around Exhibitor awards. I have new study guides that are specific to this quiz bowl, stop by the office to pick one up.
- Remember if you lose an animal or an ear tag, please let me know, so I can make notes of these.
- LAST COUNCIL Community Service: Help at the food truck on August 10th starting at 10:00 am.
- Horse and Dog kids: to print the animal id for your horses and dogs you need to screen shot the information and then paste it into a word doc. At this time, they do not have a nice report to print any other way. If you need help, please contact me.
- Pre-Fair record book checks will be done by clubs, except shooting sports, (we don’t do checks on these books)!! 4-H leaders will reach out to the club members with the due dates for record book checks.
- Marketing materials are available at the office along with Fair entry forms and private treaty forms.
- Shooting sports:
Archery & .22 Monday nights
Shotgun & Air Pistol Wednesday nights
- Last Council meeting- August 10th at 5:30 pm
- Skill-a-Thon- August 10th following the Council meeting.
- Fair Shoot- August 14th @ 9:00 am
- Fair Horse Show- August 15th @ 9:00 am
- Fair entries (livestock & dog) due August 26th
* Attend 4 council meetings. Last meeting is August 10th
* Participate in 1 council community service project
* Participate in 1 council fundraiser- All done
* Clean the SCD Basement once per year
* Complete and turn in a Record Book for all projects enrolled in
Have a great day. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.