3-28-22 4-H memo
Good Afternoon Everyone,
- Sam Martin has one North Park Born & Raised Pig. They will be selling this by lottery style, for more information please contact Sam at 970-420-0870
- Dog and Horse members: Remember to get your animals id’d in 4-H Online by April 1st.
- Shooting Sports Organizational Meeting- April 25th @ 6:00 pm at the Wattenberg Center. If your kid(s) are planning to be in shooting sports they must attend this meeting with at least one parent.
- 4-H Camping trip June 7-9th. More details to come
- If you lose any animals after they have been tagged and Id’ed at weigh-in, please contact me with the tag number, so I can mark them off our weigh-in sheet.
- 4-H Dog kids: Dog club meeting will be on April 10 from 9-10:30 or 11:00 am. If you have any questions please contact Heather Elze.
- Our next council meetings will be: April 11, June 7 (Tuesday due to Shooting sports) and August 8. Please try to attend the majority of these meetings as we do vote on important events and topics.
- Meat Quality Assurance training will be on May 17th at 4:30 pm at the Wattenberg Center
- Swine, Lamb and Goat weigh-in will be June 4th at 8:00 am at the Fairgrounds.
- Northwest Colorado Expo will be in Rio Blanco County (Meeker, CO) June 13th-17th. More info will be coming out soon.
- 2021-2022 E-records are available, please go to the Jackson County Extension website to download e-records. 4-H E-Records – Jackson County Extension (colostate.edu) PDF versions still have the 2020-2021 year on them, they are working on changing them and I will upload the correct ones as soon as they are done. If you have issues with the record books, please let me know and I can print you a copy if that would be easier.
- Please see the Important Dates section for important deadlines to sign up for projects.
- Project deadlines:
Swine, Lamb, Goat, Dog, Horse, Rabbit and Poultry- April 1st
Shooting Sports- April 1st
Home arts projects- April 1st
- Dog & Horse ID’s must be completed in 4-H Online by April 1st
- 4-H District Retreat- April 1st-3rd
- Shooting Sports Organizational meeting- April 25th @ 6:00 pm
- Project Drop deadline: June 1st
- Swine, Lamb & Goat Weigh-in June 4th @ 8:00 am
- 4-H Camping trip- June 7-9th
- North Park Jackpot- June 11th
- Northwest Colorado Expo- Meeker, CO- June 13-17th
- Shooting Sports Fair Date August 6th at 9:00 am
- North Park Fair Horse Show August 7th at 9:00 am
- Attend 4 council meetings- only 3 left, April, June and August
- Participate in a community service project
- Participate in a fundraiser
- Clean at the SCD once per year
- Complete and turn in a record book for each project you are enrolled in
Have a great day. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.