Congratulations to all 4-H and FFA members for a job well done at the 2017 North Park Fair! Here are a few important after Fair reminders.
- The Jackson County Star publishes a North Park Fair supplement each year a few weeks after fair. You may wish to place an ad to thank your buyer as it is a truly a great way to recognize your buyer who has just paid generously for your NP Fair Junior Livestock Sale animal as well as all the other people who have helped you succeed with your project! Call the Jackson County Star at 723-4404 or email Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org to buy your ad by the deadline Monday, October 2nd.
- Please write thank you notes to your buyers and bring them by the Extension Office so we can check you off the list. We have addresses in the office if you need them. This is required before you may pick up your livestock check. Checks and premiums should be ready by the end of the month. You will pay for any BBQ tickets used before you may pick up your check. If you are due any refunds they will be issued at this time as well.
- Please remember to write thank you notes to: Doyle & Sissy Jenkins, PO Box 745, Walden, 80480 & Mike and Lynette Telck, 3605 JCR 26 Coalmont, CO 80480 for sponsoring your fair user fees. Lamb & Goat Ultrasound was sponsored by Kelli & CJ Pittington- PO Box 616, Walden, CO 80480.
- If you received a trophy during the North Park Fair, be sure to check your Fair Book to see who sponsored your trophy and send them a thank you note too.
- Meat will be delivered back to North Park at the Wattenberg Center on:
Swine, Lamb & Goat- Sept 19th @ 2:00 pm
Beef- To be announced
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU are responsible for notifying your private treaty buyers right away about meat pick up. We will contact all the sale buyers. This is very important because we have no way to keep the packaged meat cold.
- If you were a Grand Champion Showmanship winner please let the Extension Office know your jacket size, ASAP.
- 4-H members, please finish up your record books and turn them in to the Extension Office for completion by the deadline set for Tuesday, October 10th.
- The next 4-H Council meeting is Tuesday, October 10th at 6 pm in the SCD Basement!
Thanks for all your hard work. We’re already looking forward to 2018. Give us a call at 723-4298 if you have any questions and please be sure to make all these deadlines!!!!