1-29-18 4-H memo
- Beef weigh-in will be THIS SUNDAY February 4th at 9:00 am. You must be an ACTIVE 4-H member to weigh-in your animals. You must pay your $22.00 enrollment fee to become an ACTIVE member.
- Travis and Jani Wood from Grand County have a steer that is halter broke and has already been started on feed. The girl who had him decided to back out of the steer project this year. His name is Britches and they figure he is around 750lbs. If anyone is interested please contact Jani Wood at 970-531-3656.
- PLEASE get enrolled for the new 4-H year ASAP. Go to www.4honline.com to reenroll or enroll for the 2017-2018 year. . There is a $22.00 enrollment fee that will need to be paid before you will become an active member.
- The next Council meeting will be Wednesday February 14th @ 6:30 pm. Please start signing up to clean the SCD basement, get it out of the way before summer hits.
- Beef Members: If you are interested in taking a steer to the Colorado State Fair, please call the Extension Office, so we can help you set a time to do the retinal scanning.
- 4-H members who are joining the new meat science team, please go to 4-H Online and add this to your projects. Please select Independent Study as the club and then Self-determined as the project, as we don’t have the option of meat science.
- 4-H District Retreat will be held on March 9th-11th, 2018. To attend members MUST be 10 by December 31st, 2017. Registration packets are attached and available at the Extension Office. Registration forms are due to the Extension Office by Feb. 21.
- Citizenship Washington Focus- June 23rd-30th
Citizenship Washington Focus is a week-long leadership program held in Washington D.C. with the Colorado 4-H Delegation. 4-H Members must be 15 by December 31 to apply. Please call the Extension Office ASAP and no later than February 1st if you wish to apply
- 2018 Certified 4-H Shooting Sports Leader Training Workshop Dates
Training details and registration will be available early to mid-January.
- Weld County – March 9-11
- Pueblo County – March 23-25
- Arapahoe County – April 6-8
- Mesa County – April 13-15
- 4-H E-Records
The 2017-2018 4-H E-Records are now available on our website. Please visit jackson.extension.colostate.edu to download your E-Record, or stop by the Extension Office and we will print you a copy.
- Office Closures:
Friday, February 2nd
Friday, February 9th
Friday, February 16th