Good Morning Everyone,
Welcome to the last week of February!!
- 4-H Council meeting, Monday March 4th @ 6:00 pm.
- 4-H Exchange will meet following Council.
- 4-H Council requirements: Must complete these requirements to be able to show or shoot at the North Park Fair.
* Attend 2 council meetings
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council Community Service
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council Fundraiser
* Clean the SCD Basement once per year
* Complete all requirements for the clubs I am in
* Submit a completed record book in October for all my livestock, horse and/or dog projects by the established deadline( if not completed, you will be ineligible to do the project next year)
- 4-H Council Community Service Projects for the year- Dates will be posted as known
* Easter Egg Stuffing
* Visit w/Seniors
* Paint/ Cleanup at Fairgrounds
* Help with Food Truck
* Provide treats or help serve drinks at Old Timer’s
- 4-H Council Fundraisers- Details will be posted as known. Committees have been set-up to work on these projects. Committee Chairs are listed, please contact them if you wish to help.
* Halloween Carnival/ Chili Dinner- Angie Harper
* 4-H Truck Raffle- will be run through Extension Office
* Fishing Derby- Sam Martin & Brian Anderson
* Cookbook- Lacey Paeglow & Heather Westfahl
- Top 3 class ideas were Fishing, Wood Carving and Outdoor Cooking- more details will be coming soon.
- Fun Trip top choices were National Western Stock Show and Camping. Save the date for our Camping Trip to Michigan Reservoir- June 5th. More details coming later
- PLEASE ENROLL NOW!! 4-H Enrollment deadline will be March 22nd for kids planning to participate in Shooting Sports. Shooting Sports Organizational meeting will be sometime in late April or Early May.
- Horse and Dog members! Please remember to go in and complete your Horse or Dog ID’s. If you are using the same horse or dog from last year, you still must reactivate them. All Horse and Dog ID’s must be in by MAY 1st!!!
- 4-H E-records are available. Please go to http://jackson.extension.colostate.edu/ to access the e-records. We can also print off a hard copy for you at the Extension office.
- MQA Training Save the Date- May 15th. Required for all 1st year livestock members and 1st year SENIOR members.
- Shooting Sports Leader Trainings: Adults who are interested in becoming a certified Shooting Sports Instructor please contact the Extension Office. Training dates are listed below: To attend a training you must be signed up as a 4-H leader.
Pueblo County – March 22-24 (Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Archery, Muzzleloader, Western Heritage & Hunting/Outdoor Skills)
Garfield County – March 29-31 (Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Archery, Muzzleloader, Western Heritage & Hunting/Outdoor Skills)
Boulder County – April 5-7 (Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun & Archery)
If you have any questions please contact the Extension Office.
Have a great day.