3-11-19 4-H memo
Good Morning Everyone,
- Congratulations to Shaianna Sabata on being elected as our new District 9 President.
- MANDATORY Horse Meeting, Wednesday March 13th @ 6:30 pm at the SCD Basement. If you plan to participate in the horse project this year please plan to attend with at least one Parent.
- 4-H Council requirements: Must complete these requirements to be able to show or shoot at the North Park Fair.
* Attend 2 council meetings
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council Community Service
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council Fundraiser
* Clean the SCD Basement once per year
* Complete all requirements for the clubs I am in
* Submit a completed record book in October for all my livestock, horse and/or dog projects by the established deadline( if not completed, you will be ineligible to do the project next year)
- Save the Date- 4-H Camping trip June 5th. More details to come soon.
- 4-H Cookbook Fundraiser:
– Cookbook cover contest- see attached sheet for details.
– We would like to see ALL 4-H Families submit at least 1 recipe. Please use the attached sheet to submit a recipe.
- PLEASE ENROLL NOW!! 4-H Enrollment deadline will be March 22nd for kids planning to participate in Shooting Sports. Shooting Sports Organizational meeting will be sometime in late April or Early May.
- Horse and Dog members! Please remember to go in and complete your Horse or Dog ID’s. If you are using the same horse or dog from last year, you still must reactivate them. All Horse and Dog ID’s must be in by MAY 1st!!!
- Swine, Lamb & Goat Weigh-in will be June 1st from 9-11 am.
- Extension Office is hosting two webinars at the River Rock this week:
– 2019 Ag Outlook & Strategy Webinar- March 12 from 10am-3pm
– Financial Management Strategies Webinar- March 14 from 9am-3:30pm
- 4-H E-records are available. Please go to http://jackson.extension.colostate.edu/ to access the e-records. We can also print off a hard copy for you at the Extension office.
- Shooting Sports Leader Trainings: Adults who are interested in becoming a certified Shooting Sports Instructor please contact the Extension Office. Training dates are listed below: To attend a training you must be signed up as a 4-H leader.
Garfield County – March 29-31 (Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Archery, Muzzleloader, Western Heritage & Hunting/Outdoor Skills)
Boulder County – April 5-7 (Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun & Archery)
If you have any questions please contact the Extension Office.
Have a great day.