6-8-2020 4-H memo
IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19:
- We are to still conduct as many programs, meetings, practices virtually as possible. We do have some exemptions we can apply for.
- LEADERS: Before you plan any type of activity for your club please contact me at the Extension Office. If it is an event that cannot in anyway be done virtually then we will need to fill out an exemption form and get approval. Approval is not instant so please give me plenty of notice.
- AT THIS TIME: We are still moving forward and planning for FAIR!!! Please keep preparing for Fair as normal. We will keep everyone updated as time goes on.
- I will be working on exemptions for Council community service projects. I am planning to have one in June, July and August.
- Scale head will be at the Fairgrounds starting tonight. We need to keep better track of the keys and who is using the scale, so here is how to get keys.
1. We have two lock boxes attached to the milk can by our front office door.
2. One is labeled A the other is B. You will need to text Lacey (970-819-0102) or Aleigh (970-846-3834) to request the code.
3. DO NOT SHARE THE CODE!!! We need to be able to track who has used the scale and when.
4. Once you have weighed your animals, return the key ASAP!!! Other families need to weigh also.
5. If your animals seem sick in ANYWAY, please do not take them to the scales unless Lanny has checked them out. We do not want to spread any illnesses!
- 4-H Virtual Council meeting TOMORROW NIGHT June 9th @ 7:00 PM. This will be done on Zoom again. I will send the link to the meeting in a separate email.
- 4-H Dog club will start practices June 10th at 8:00 am. Parents, remember that we must abide by the 10 or less group size, so please stay in your vehicles if you remain at the fairgrounds.
- .22 is tonight and shotgun will be Wednesday.
- Kids are able to clean the SCD Basement during this time to get started on their council requirements. Please contact Lacey to set a time and get a key. I am in the office Mon-Thur. from 6:00 am-4:30 pm.
- We are selling cookbooks as a fundraiser. If you would like to help sell them, please contact Lacey.
- 4-H Council Requirements- please get these requirements done ASAP.
* Attend at least 2 council meetings- 3 left!!
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council community service
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council fundraiser
* Complete all requirements for the 4-H clubs you are involved in
* Submit a completed record book in October
* Clean the SCD Basement once a year.
Have a great day. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.