6-28-21 4-H memo
Where has June gone???
- Shooting Sports members: No practice tonight….instead we will be cleaning the fairgrounds. Please plan to meet at the fairgrounds at 5:00 pm to help clean, the rodeo pays us to clean-up, so all help is greatly appreciated.
- Remember if you lose an animal or an ear tag, please call and let me know, so I can make notes of these.
- Check in to see what Council requirements you still need to complete, if you are unsure.
- Upcoming Community Service: Help at the food truck on July 13th or August 10th starting at 10:00 am. August 2nd trash cleanup at 8:00 am. More info on the trash pickup will be out as it gets closer.
- Upcoming Fundraiser opportunity. We will be selling Bread Braids starting on July 12th. This will run for a couple weeks. I am still working out the logistics, so more information will be out next week.
- Make sure you are working on your record books!! If you need a printed copy, please let me know and I will get one for you. Remember shooting sports kids are required to complete record books also! They can be found at 4-H E-Records – Jackson County Extension (colostate.edu) .
- Pre-Fair record book checks will be done by clubs, except shooting sports, (we don’t do checks on these books)!! More info to come soon.
- Items to be thinking of for Fair: Marketing materials will be available in late July
– Private Treaty Buyers
– Who to invite to the BBQ
- Shooting sports:
Archery & .22 Monday nights- no practice tonight, will be cleaning up after rodeo!
Shotgun & Air Pistol Wednesday nights
- County Retreat- July 31st @ 10:00 am
- Fair Shoot- August 14th @ 9:00 am
- Fair Horse Show- August 15th @ 9:00 am
- Fair horse entries due August 5th
- Fair entries (livestock & dog) due August 26th
* Attend 4 council meetings. Last meeting is August 10th
* Participate in 1 council community service project
* Participate in 1 council fundraiser
* Clean the SCD Basement once per year
* Complete and turn in a Record Book for all projects enrolled in
Have a great day. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.