I hope everyone had a great 4th of July!! How are we into July already?
- County Retreat- Attached is the registration form. Registration Deadline will be July 21st. I will have copies at the office also.
- The scales are at the Fairgrounds, please call or text for the code to the lock boxes at the Extension Office. Please remember to return the key as soon as you are done weighing animals, so others can weigh also.
- Shooting sports members: If you are interested in competing for state fair, please contact me for more information.
- Remember if you lose an animal or an ear tag, please let me know, so I can make notes of these.
- Check in to see what Council requirements you still need to complete, if you are unsure.
- Upcoming Community Service: Help at the food truck on July 13th or August 10th starting at 10:00 am. August 2nd trash cleanup at 8:00 am. More info on the trash pickup will be out as it gets closer.
- Upcoming Fundraiser opportunity. We will be selling Bread Braids starting on July 12th. This will run for a couple weeks. I am still working out the logistics, so more information will be out next week.
- Make sure you are working on your record books!! If you need a printed copy, please let me know and I will get one for you. Remember shooting sports kids are required to complete record books also! They can be found at 4-H E-Records – Jackson County Extension (colostate.edu) .
- Pre-Fair record book checks will be done by clubs, except shooting sports, (we don’t do checks on these books)!! More info to come soon.
- Items to be thinking of for Fair: Marketing materials will be available soon
– Private Treaty Buyers
– Who to invite to the BBQ
- Shooting sports:
Archery & .22 Monday nights
Shotgun & Air Pistol Wednesday nights
- County Retreat- July 31st @ 9:30 am, registration deadline July 21st.
- Fair Shoot- August 14th @ 9:00 am
- Fair Horse Show- August 15th @ 9:00 am
- Fair horse entries due August 5th
- Fair entries (livestock & dog) due August 26th
* Attend 4 council meetings. Last meeting is August 10th
* Participate in 1 council community service project
* Participate in 1 council fundraiser
* Clean the SCD Basement once per year
* Complete and turn in a Record Book for all projects enrolled in
Have a great day. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.