8-23-21 4-H memo
- Weighing Animals: If you plan to weigh during the weekend, please contact Lacey or Aleigh prior to loading animals and heading to the Fairgrounds for the code to the lock boxes at the Extension Office (sometimes it might take a little bit before we get back to you). Please remember to return the key as soon as you are done weighing animals, so others can weigh also. Please remember to shut off and unplug the scale from the outlet!!!!!!
- Fair Set-up Sept 6th at 8:00 am. Steer kids can bring in clipping chutes at this time. Pig stalls will be assigned again this year. Lamb, Goat and steers will be selected that day. You may decorate your stall anytime from Monday to Thursday.
- Pre-stalling for Fair: We will again be pre-stalling for Fair (if you would like) on Wednesday Sept 8th from 6-7:00 pm. You MUST register to pre-stall by Sept 7th @ 4:00 pm.
- Health Checks on Thursday Sept 9th from7-8:00 am. Weigh-in will start at 8:00 am with pigs, then go to lambs & goats then steers. We will weigh the rabbits and poultry in between species as we have time.
- Remember if you lose an animal or an ear tag, please let me know, so I can make notes of these.
- Horse and Dog kids: to print the animal id for your horses and dogs you need to screen shot the information and then paste it into a word doc. At this time, they do not have a nice report to print any other way. If you need help, please contact me.
- Make sure you have gotten your record book checked by your club leaders. The pre-fair record book IS A REQUIREMENT for Fair.
- I am currently out of BBQ tickets, they should be in in the next couple days! Marketing materials are available at the office along with Fair entry forms and private treaty forms.
- Be working on your buyer baskets also. They are due on August 26th to the Extension Office. Please remember to label and wrap (if need be) your buyer baskets. You may choose to do a donation to an organization in the name of your buyer as well. If you plan to do this, please let me know so I can mark you off the list.
- Fair entries (livestock & dog) due August 26th
- Fair buyer baskets due to the Extension office by August 26th
- Fair set-up day- Sept 6th at 8:00 am.
- Pre-stalling- Wednesday Sept 8th from 6:00 pm-7:00 pm
- North Park Fair- Sept 9th-12th
- Fair weigh-in Sept 9th from 8-11 am starting with pigs, then lambs & goats, then steers. Rabbits and poultry will be weighed in as we have time.
* Clean the SCD Basement once per year
* Complete and turn in a Record Book for all projects enrolled in
Have a great day. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.