Good Morning Everyone,
Welcome to January!!!
- Community Service for Leadership Development Conference. We will be collecting pop tabs to donate to the Ronald McDonald House in Denver, CO. There will be coffee cans at many businesses around town, so please collect and drop off pop tabs by January 25th.
- Tentative Beef Weigh-in; Feb 6th, 2022 @ 9:00 am. This will be dependent on weather!! I am working on a message system to be able to contact folks to let them know of changes.
- Ownership deadline for beef is the weigh-in date. If you plan to show breeding beef, I need to know the tag number, breed and age of your breeding project. The heifers do not need to come to weigh-in unless you would like a weight on them.
- The 2021-2022 4-H year has begun. Go to v2.4honline.com to re-enroll or sign up as a new member. If you have changed your email from last year, please let me know BEFORE re-enrolling, so I can change it for you first. This way we avoid creating duplicates. If you have any questions on enrollment, please reach out to me and I will help you.
- For returning and new members the enrollment fee is $22.00. You must be an “Active” (this means enrolled and paid) 4-H member to participate in 4-H activities. Please sign up and come pay at the Extension office soon. Returning members: Fee will increase to $32.00 on January 16th, if you are not enrolled yet.
- Our next council meetings will be: February 14, April 11, June 7 and August 9. Meetings will start at 5:30 pm.
- LAST CALL: Butter Braids- If you sold butter braids during the fundraiser in July, please come by the Extension Office to pick up new ones (as the old ones didn’t proof properly). Please come get them ASAP!!! Please pick these up by January 12th.
- 2021-2022 E-records are now available, please go to the Jackson County Extension website to download e-records. 4-H E-Records – Jackson County Extension (colostate.edu) PDF versions still have the 2020-2021 year on them, they are working on changing them and I will upload the correct ones as soon as they are done. If you have issues with the record books, please let me know and I can print you a copy if that would be easier.
- Leadership Development Conference: For Senior level (14-18 years) 4-H members. January 29-31, 2022. If your kid(s) are of the right age and are interested in LDC, please let me know. I sent an email before Christmas to kids I knew were interested already. Please make sure to read it and get back to me.
- Returning members enrollment fee increases on January 16th!!!
- Council Officer Meeting January 10th @ 6:00 pm
- Leadership Development Conference- January 29th-31st
- Tentative Steer Weigh-in Feb 6th, 2022 @ 9:00 am. Could change due to weather
- Save the date- 4-H District Retreat April 1-3, 2022.
- Attend 4 council meetings
- Participate in a community service project
- Participate in a fundraiser
- Clean at the SCD once per year
- Complete and turn in a record book for each project you are enrolled in
Have a great day. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.