Good Morning Everyone,
- Fair Paper is on its way!!! I will soon also have the e-newspaper link to share with families!!! I will let families know when we have paper copies in hand.
- Beef Weigh-in; Feb 6th, 2022 @ 9:00 am. This will be dependent on weather!!
- Ownership deadline for beef is the weigh-in date. If you plan to show breeding beef, I need to know the tag number, breed and age of your breeding project. The heifers do not need to come to weigh-in unless you would like a weight on them.
- Project Assistance Grants: Please see the attached sheets with information about the project assistance grants. Applications are due to the Extension Office by Feb 14h.
- 4-H Enrollment, please go to v2.4honline.com to re-enroll or sign up as a new member. If you have changed your email from last year, please let me know BEFORE re-enrolling, so I can change it for you first. This way we avoid creating duplicates. If you have any questions on enrollment, please reach out to me and I will help you.
- For new members the enrollment fee is $22.00. You must be an “Active” (this means enrolled and paid) 4-H member to participate in 4-H activities. Please sign up and come pay at the Extension office soon. Returning members: Fee have increased to $32.00 now. Please enroll ASAP.
- Our next council meetings will be: February 14, April 11, June 7 (Tuesday due to Shooting sports) and August 8. Meetings will start at 5:45 pm. Please try to attend the majority of these meetings as we do vote on important events and topics.
- 2021-2022 E-records are now available, please go to the Jackson County Extension website to download e-records. 4-H E-Records – Jackson County Extension (colostate.edu) PDF versions still have the 2020-2021 year on them, they are working on changing them and I will upload the correct ones as soon as they are done. If you have issues with the record books, please let me know and I can print you a copy if that would be easier.
- Please see the Important Dates section for important deadlines to sign up for projects.
- Steer Weigh-in Feb 6th, 2022 @ 9:00 am. Could change due to weather
- Project Assistance grants due Feb 14th.
- 4-H Council meeting Feb 14th @ 5:45 pm at the Wattenberg Center
- Project deadlines:
Beef- Feb 6th
Swine, Lamb, Goat, Dog, Horse, Rabbit and Poultry- April 1st
Shooting Sports- April 1st
Home arts projects- April 1st
- Dog & Horse ID’s must be completed in 4-H Online by April 1st
- Save the date- 4-H District Retreat April 1-3, 2022. 4-H members must be 10 4-H age to attend.
- Project Drop deadline: June 1st
- Attend 4 council meetings
- Participate in a community service project
- Participate in a fundraiser
- Clean at the SCD once per year
- Complete and turn in a record book for each project you are enrolled in
Have a great day. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.