5-13-19 4-H memo
Good Morning Everyone,
- Shooting Sports Rules
– If shooting .22, shotgun or muzzleloader, there is a $20.00 shooter fee that MUST be paid before the 1st practice.
– Kids must attend 6 of the 12 practices to eligible to shoot at the Fair shoot. Kids who wish to compete for “All Around Shooter” must attend 8 of the 12 practices per discipline as follows: Juniors-2, Intermediates & Seniors-3.
– At the beginning of the season, members must designate which disciplines will be used to score for All Around shooter, members will have until August 1st to change their selection. Members must come to the Extension Office and fill out a new discipline sheet for changes to take effect.
– All Around Shooter will be calculated by the top 6 practices scores’ percentages + Fair score percentage.
– 4-H Shooting Sports members may CHOOSE to complete a 4-H Shooting Sports record book. If your member so chooses to complete a record book, please contact the Extension Office for a copy of the Record Book.
- 4-H Truck Raffle Fundraiser: We are asking all 4-H members to please sell at least 10 tickets. We have packets put together for all 4-H members. If you have not yet received your packet, please come by the Extension Office to pick it up.
- 4-H Cookbook Fundraiser: We are still collecting recipes for our cookbook!! Please either fill out the attached sheet or email photos to Lacey at email@example.com.
- The 50th Annual
NW Colorado 4-H Expo in Routt County at the Routt County Fairgrounds in
– June 10-11: Beef, Sheep, Goat, Swine, Poultry, Rabbit
– June 12-13: Dog
– June 12-14: Horse
– Camping for Expo at the Routt County Fairgrounds is online at Reserve America and is filling up fast. There is full hook ups, electrical only and primitive camping (for campers and tents with no hook ups).
– Expo registration is now open on 4-H Online. Registrations are due by THIS WEDNESDAY May 15th. See attached packet for more info.
- 4-H Camping trip June 5th. Registration packets are attached or available at the office. They are due by MAY 30th. We still need Parent volunteers, please let us know ASAP if you can help either during the day or stay the night in the cabins. IF you are NOT an active 4-H Volunteer, we need to get you active ASAP.
- Next 4-H Council meeting will be on June 5th at the 4-H camping trip at Michigan Reservoir.
- MQA- May 15th at the Wattenberg Center- Required for ALL FIRST YEAR LIVESTOCK Members. All first year seniors, who have taken MQA before, can either attend the workshop again or take a test.
- Swine, Lamb & Goat Weigh-in will be June 1st from 9-11 am.
- 4-H Council
requirements: Must complete these requirements to be able to show or shoot
at the North Park Fair.
* Attend 2 council meetings- ONLY 3 left
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council Community Service
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council Fundraiser
* Clean the SCD Basement once per year
* Complete all requirements for the clubs I am in
* Submit a completed record book in October for all my livestock, horse and/or dog projects by the established deadline( if not completed, you will be ineligible to do the project next year)
- 4-H E-records are available. Please go to http://jackson.extension.colostate.edu/ to access the e-records. We can also print off a hard copy for you at the Extension office.
If you have any questions please contact the Extension Office.
Have a great day.