5-20-19 4-H Memo
Good Morning Everyone,
- Shooting Sports Safety
– .22 & Muzzleloader- Monday May 20th at 5:00 pm at the Wattenberg Center
– Shotgun- Wednesday May 22nd at 5:00 pm at the Wattenberg Center
– Archery- Wednesday May 22nd at 6:00 pm at the Wattenberg Center
If your child(ren) are in either .22, muzzleloader or shotgun, they owe a $20.00 shooters fee. If you have not yet paid this fee, please plan to pay at the Safety meetings.
Also if you have yet to fill out the required paperwork, please stop by the Extension Office ASAP!
- 4-H Dog Club will have their first meeting on Friday, May 24th at 8:00 am at the Wattenberg Center. NO DOGS!! Parents welcome.
- Fishing Derby
volunteers!! We need kids & parents to sign up to help man check-in
stations at Lake John on Saturday June 8th at the
following time slots: We need 4 kids per time slot!!
11:00 am-1:00 pm-
Sunday June 9th
11:00 am-1:00 pm-
Remember this counts as one of our Fundraisers and we can’t not do these projects without help!!!!
- 4-H Truck Raffle Fundraiser: We are asking all 4-H members to please sell at least 10 tickets. We have packets put together for all 4-H members. If you have not yet received your packet, please come by the Extension Office to pick it up. IF you have sold tickets, please bring the ticket stubs and money to the Extension Office ASAP. We need to send in the money every two weeks!
- 4-H Cookbook Fundraiser: We will continue to accept recipes until May 31st!! Please either fill out the attached sheet or email photos or typed recipes to Lacey at email@example.com.
- Swine, Lamb & Goat Weigh-in will be June 1st from 9-11 am.
- Rabbit & Poultry Intent for a Market or Breeding Project deadline June 1st. Please let the Extension office know if you plan to have a market or breeding rabbit or poultry project this year.
- 4-H Camping trip June 5th. Registration packets are attached or available at the office. They are due by MAY 30th. We still need Parent volunteers, please let us know ASAP if you can help either during the day or stay the night in the cabins. IF you are NOT an active 4-H Volunteer, we need to get you active ASAP.
- Next 4-H Council meeting will be on June 5th at the 4-H camping trip at Michigan Reservoir.
- 4-H Council
requirements: Must complete these requirements to be able to show or shoot
at the North Park Fair.
* Attend 2 council meetings- ONLY 3 left
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council Community Service
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council Fundraiser
* Clean the SCD Basement once per year
* Complete all requirements for the clubs I am in
* Submit a completed record book in October for all my livestock, horse and/or dog projects by the established deadline( if not completed, you will be ineligible to do the project next year)
- 4-H E-records are available. Please go to http://jackson.extension.colostate.edu/ to access the e-records. We can also print off a hard copy for you at the Extension office.
If you have any questions please contact the Extension Office.
Have a great day.