5/26/2020 4-H memo
IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19:
- We are to still conduct as many programs, meetings, practices virtually as possible. We do have some exemptions and are currently awaiting approval.
- LEADERS: Before you plan any type of activity for your club please contact me at the Extension Office. If it is an event that cannot in anyway be done virtually then we will need to fill out an exemption form and get approval. Approval is not instant so please give me plenty of notice.
- AT THIS TIME: We are still moving forward and planning for FAIR!!! Please keep preparing for Fair as normal. We will keep everyone updated as time goes on.
- Swine Members: please stop by the Extension Office and pick-up your ear notch cards to fill out for weigh-in.
- State Fair Participants: If you are planning to attend State Fair, please stop by the Extension Office and pick up your nomination cards.
- Shooting Sports: Some important changes and updates:
1. We will not be offering Air Pistol this year.
2. Archery- we do not have a certified leader this year, so if your kid(s) are enrolled in Archery they will practice at home on their own, IF they have their own equipment! We are not allowed to send club equipment home! We have two volunteer leaders who can offer advice and help with equipment, but no practices will be held.
3. I need all 4-H shooting members and 1 parent to come to the Extension office to sign paperwork, BEFORE your kid can practice.
4. ALL 4-H shooting sports members will be REQUIRED to complete a record book this year.
5. Due to not offering Air Pistol and Archery being on your own, we will not be doing the All Around Shooter award this year. We will do a Top Shooter for each discipline.
6. I am still working to find some archery help to hold practices at the Fairgrounds.
7. Parents must remain in their vehicles during practices at the Fairgrounds, we must keep our groups to 10 or less.
- May 30th, Swine, Lamb & Goat Weigh-in @ 9:00 am :We received our exemption approval for weigh-in. Attached are directions on how weigh-in will be conducted this year. I know everyone has their own thoughts and feelings regarding COVID-19, Please understand, respect and follow these directions!!!!
- We received exemption approval for shooting sports as well. Practices will start June 1st .22 and June 3rd shotgun.
- We are waiting on approval for Horse and Dog expemtions.
- Kids are able to clean the SCD Basement during this time to get started on their council requirements. Please contact Lacey to set a time and get a key. I am in the office Mon-Thur. from 6:00 am-4:30 pm.
- We are selling cookbooks as a fundraiser. If you would like to help sell them, please contact Lacey.
- 4-H Council Requirements- please get these requirements done ASAP.
* Attend at least 2 council meetings- 3 left!!
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council community service
* Participate in a minimum of 1 Council fundraiser
* Complete all requirements for the 4-H clubs you are involved in
* Submit a completed record book in October
* Clean the SCD Basement once a year.
Have a great day. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.