Welcome to February!!
- LEADERS: Please notify me before any club meeting or event you are planning for your club.
- If you have concerns or questions on the changes to the Council meetings, please contact Lacey at the Extension Office with those questions. This was a decision that was made at a leader meeting with lots of discussion.
- GET ENROLLED. Please go to https://v2.4honline.com/ to enroll. Remember to participate in ANY 4-H activity you must be an “Active” 4-H member. To be considered active you must be enrolled and have paid the $32.00 enrollment fee. Make sure to select all clubs that your members are in.
- If you are planning to be in the Breeding Beef Project, please let me know Tag #, Age and Breed of your breeding project. All Breeding Beef projects must be declared by Feb 7th!
- The Dumler/Spaulding Foundation sponsors cash prizes for the grand champion female ($500) and reserve grand champion ($250) female in the 4-H/FFA North Park Fair breeding beef show. We would love to have more members participate in the Breeding Beef Project.
- North Park Fair book ads are due to Christy Utley- Fairboard Secretary by March 1st. Please get them to her ASAP. This is for livestock members.
- Project Deadlines:
– Beef- Feb 7th
– Shooting Sports-April 1st
– Dog – April 1st
– Horse- April 1st
– Swine, lamb, goat- April 1st
– Rabbit & Poultry- April 1st
– General arts- April 1st
- Project drop deadline- June 1st. If you sign up for a project and then do not plan to complete the project, you will need to drop the project by June 1st.
- 4-H District Retreat will NOT happen as normal. We are still trying to figure out a possible one-day in-person retreat. More information will be available at the 4-H council meeting on Feb 8th.
- Horse Practice will start of Feb 5th at 8:00 am at the Arena. All members will need to sign the Horse waiver and turn into leaders, BEFORE they can practice on horseback! Leaders will have the waiver to sign that day.
- Hunters Safety Course- offered by CPW. CPW is trying to plan for these classes and wanting to gauge interest from 4-H members. They are hoping to do them sometime in February on either a Friday- Saturday or Saturday- Sunday. Please let me or Sam Martin know by Friday, February 5th, if you are interested in having your kid(s) take the course.
- We will soon have a 4-H Cooking Leader!!! More information will be at the Council meeting.
- Beef Weigh-in February 7th @ 9:00 am at the Scale House. Must be an “ACTIVE” member to weigh-in your steer.
- 4-H Council meeting- February 8th, 2021 @ 6:00 pm at the Wattenberg Center.
- Members who are re-enrolling: The Enrollment fee will now be $32.00, that is the original fee of $22.00 and then a $10.00 late fee.
- Horse Practice- Feb 5th @ 8:00 am at the Arena
- Dog Practice- Second Sunday of the month @ 9:00 am
* Attend 4 council meetings. Meetings will be in Feb, April, June and August.
* Participate in 1 council community service project
* Participate in 1 council fundraiser
* Clean the SCD Basement once per year
* Complete and turn in a Record Book for all projects enrolled in
Have a great day. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.